8. Stay away from telling your parents what your grades are. This is a chance to show your parents that you are fine without then knowing each and every test score that you got. Obviously they are going to find out about the semester grades, but everything in between can be just for you. Then you can show them that you can be trusted as an adult to get things done.
7. Believe it or not, running out of clean underwear is not the end of the world. You can just take on of your pairs of underwear and flip them inside out. No one will know unless you tell them.
6. Adderall is meant for use on the mouth only. Many people want to put it near their nose, and you should avoid that all together. In fact, if you don’t have a prescription for Adderall you will want to avoid it at all costs. There are many side effects that students are not aware of and you can get those good grades without it. Trust me.
5. Get another twin mattress. It may be the best choice you ever made. Just get one and stick it under the one that you have right now. That way when you have company over and you need a make shift queen size on the floor, you can just put your two mattresses together.
4. Cereal bars are a life saver, and they make a great option for a quick breakfast on the go. You can just stock up on them and then eat a few when you are in a rush and on your way to class. That way you won’t be tempted to over-eat when you get to lunch.
3. Free condoms are given out at just about every college. I have yet to find one that doesn’t give them out. Find them and stock up on them, it is always better to be safe. This way you don’t have to break the bank to do so either.
2. As much as you try and hope for the opposite, there are going to be times when your roommate seems like a total weirdo. You really can’t do anything about it, and you just need to get used to it and find ways to deal with it. Be sure to not make them feel weird about their unusual habits, as you probably have some yourself.
1. Guys seem to think that they can just leave their dorm a mess, and even some girls, although they are generally cleaner in the dorms. The truth is, you never know when you might have a spontaneous visit from a co-ed and you don’t want to have everything a mess when they do come over. There is nothing like a dirty room to kill the mood.